Mexican Hummus Dip
Prep 30 Minutes
Total Time 45 Minutes
- 1 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ Traditional Refried Beans
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3 cloves garlic minced finely
- 1/4 cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil. The fruitier the better
- Additional olive oil for finish drizzle
- 1 teaspoon Sumac for garnish ( found in Middle Eastern section of grocery)
- 1 head cauliflower (blanched and plunged into ice water)
- 1 /2 lb green beans (blanched and plunged into ice water)
- 1 large carrot
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- 1 Sweet Red Pepper
- 1 pot of boiling salt water
Deep Fried Soft Tortillas Wedges
- 1 1 package (8.2 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas for Soft Tacos and Fajitas (10 Count)
- Canola Oil For frying ( approx 2-3 cups )
- Sea Salt
Recipe Continues Below
- Bring a pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
- Make an ice bath in a large bowl.
- In a glass bowl combine all ingredients, except finishing oil and sumac, for the Hummus. Take and immersion hand blender and pulse until you have a smooth paste. Place in serving dish. Drizzle with oil and sumac. Cover loosely and keep refrigerated until serving.
- Prep and cut vegetables. Be creative and use cutters for carrots, ripple slicer for squash and zucchini, etc. Add cut vegetable to ice bath to keep color and crispness.
- Plunge cauliflower florets and trimmed green beans in to boiling water to blanch for a few seconds. Quickly remove from water with strainer, and add to the ice bath to stop cooking and retain color.
- Arrange on platter with dip. Heat up Deep Fryer at 350-375°. Cut small piles of soft tortillas into eights wedges.
- Fry in small batches until golden. Drain on paper towels and salt. Serve with vegetable platter.
- Use your favorite vegetables that inspire you.
- Get creative with presentation. I use bud vases inside glasses to create a more dimensional serving effect.
- Add some spice of powdered chili instead of sumac, if you prefer your dip on the spicy side.
- Substitute fresh jalapenos for sundried tomatoes too.
- Keep it all chilled as the party goes on. Use trays on top of ice.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet