- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 packet Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 2 - 15 ounce cans Old El Paso™ Refried Beans
- 4 ounce can Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 1/2 cups mild prepared salsa, divided
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 8 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas taco size, cut in half (you'll use 15 halves)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Step 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. and lightly spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Step 2 Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef to hot skillet. Cook and crumble until browned. Stir in taco seasoning until well combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
Step 3 Place beans, green chilies and 3/4 cup salsa into a large bowl, stirring until well combined.
Step 4 Place rice and 3/4 cup salsa into large bowl, stirring until well combined.
Step 5 Spread a light layer of beans into bottom of baking dish. Layer with 5 halved tortillas then spread lightly with more beans. Top with a layer of beef then rice. Repeat with more tortillas following the same pattern until all ingredients are used.
Step 6 Top with shredded cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes, until hot and melted.
Step 7 Cut into squares and serve warm.