Mexican Style Lasagna
45 Minutes Total
- 8 Servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 packet Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 2 - 15 ounce cans Old El Paso™ Refried Beans
- 4 ounce can Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 1/2 cups mild prepared salsa, divided
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 8 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas taco size, cut in half (you'll use 15 halves)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. and lightly spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef to hot skillet. Cook and crumble until browned. Stir in taco seasoning until well combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Place beans, green chilies and 3/4 cup salsa into a large bowl, stirring until well combined.
- Place rice and 3/4 cup salsa into large bowl, stirring until well combined.
- Spread a light layer of beans into bottom of baking dish. Layer with 5 halved tortillas then spread lightly with more beans. Top with a layer of beef then rice. Repeat with more tortillas following the same pattern until all ingredients are used.
- Top with shredded cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes, until hot and melted.
- Cut into squares and serve warm.