Mexican Vegetable Pinwheels
Prep 20 Minutes
Total 1 Hours 20 Minutes
- 3 oz cream cheese (from 8-oz package), softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels or frozen corn, thawed, drained
- 1/2 cup black beans (from 15-oz can), drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 plum (Roma) tomato, seeded, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 3 garden spinach and vegetable, tomato or plain flour tortillas (10 inch)
Recipe Continues Below
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning mix until well blended. Stir in corn, beans, cilantro, tomato and salsa.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over each tortilla to edges. Roll up each; cut off tapered ends. Wrap each tortilla roll in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour but no longer than 8 hours before serving. To serve, cut each roll into 1-inch slices.
- Use a flavored cream cheese, such as onion or herb, to give these vegetarian Mexican pinwheels a flavor boost.
- 1 Pinwheel Calories 60 (Calories from Fat 25); Total Fat 2 1/2g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 115mg; Potassium 50mg; Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 0g); Protein 1g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 2%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet