Mini Churro Doughnut Holes
This DIY version of fair food goes bite-size and gets an added flavor boost from caramel. By Pillsbury Kitchens
15 Minutes Prep
15 Minutes Total
- Canola oil for deep-frying
- 1/2 cup cinnamon-sugar
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated Original biscuits
- Caramel sauce, if desired
- Fill 3-quart saucepan one-third full with oil. Heat over medium heat to about 350°F. Line plate with paper towels; set aside.
- In small bowl, stir together cinnamon-sugar and powdered sugar; set aside.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Split each biscuit into 2 rounds; place on cutting board. Using very small doughnut-hole cutter or mouth of an empty bottle, cut out mini-sized doughnut holes.
- When oil is hot, carefully drop a few of the doughnut holes into oil at a time. (See Tip.) Using slotted metal spoon or kitchen spider, continuously turn holes over and over until golden brown. Remove from oil; place on paper towel-lined plate to drain. Immediately place holes in sugar mixture; coat completely. Serve doughnut holes immediately drizzled with caramel sauce.
- The safest way to fry is to bring your hand close to the oil and gently drop in the dough versus quickly dropping and splashing the oil.
- To prep ahead by a few hours, you can cut the dough and store it in a zipper-topped plastic bag in the fridge.