Mini Churro Doughnut Holes
15 Minutes Total
- 8 Servings
- Canola oil for deep-frying
- 1/2 cup cinnamon-sugar
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated Original biscuits
- Caramel sauce, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Fill 3-quart saucepan one-third full with oil. Heat over medium heat to about 350°F. Line plate with paper towels; set aside.
- In small bowl, stir together cinnamon-sugar and powdered sugar; set aside.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Split each biscuit into 2 rounds; place on cutting board. Using very small doughnut-hole cutter or mouth of an empty bottle, cut out mini-sized doughnut holes.
- When oil is hot, carefully drop a few of the doughnut holes into oil at a time. (See Tip.) Using slotted metal spoon or kitchen spider, continuously turn holes over and over until golden brown. Remove from oil; place on paper towel-lined plate to drain. Immediately place holes in sugar mixture; coat completely. Serve doughnut holes immediately drizzled with caramel sauce.
- The safest way to fry is to bring your hand close to the oil and gently drop in the dough versus quickly dropping and splashing the oil.
- To prep ahead by a few hours, you can cut the dough and store it in a zipper-topped plastic bag in the fridge.
Calories320(Calories from Fat140),Total Fat15g(Saturated Fat3g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol0mgSodium450mgTotal Carbohydrate41g(Dietary Fiber1g Sugars19g),Protein4g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A0%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium0%;Iron6%; Exchanges:1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:3 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.