Mini Green Chile Bacon Burgers
Prep 45 Minutes
Total 45 Minutes
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon, finely chopped
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese, cut in thirds
- 1 package (5.1 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Soft Tortilla Mini Bowls (12 Count), removed from package and wrapped in heavy-duty foil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- In medium bowl, mix beef, bacon, green chiles, 3 tablespoons of the green onion and the salt. Divide mixture into 12 pieces (about 1/4 cup each), and shape into oval patties, about 1/2-inch thick. Grill over medium heat (350°F to 400°F) 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until internal temperature reaches 160°F. During last 2 minutes of cooking, place cheese slice on each patty. Reduce grill to low (250°F to 300°F).
- Place bowls wrapped in foil on low grill; heat 6 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix mayonnaise and salsa.
- Divide lettuce among warm bowls. Top with patties, mayonnaise mixture, diced tomatoes and remaining tablespoon green onion and desired fresh toppings.
- Try these additional fresh toppings: jalapeño, avocado or guacamole.
- Forming the oval-shaped patties makes for the perfect fit in the mini bowl.
- 1 Serving Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 140); Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 360mg; Potassium 125mg; Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 1g); Protein 10g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 6%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet