Mini Mac and Cheese Taco Bowls
Prep 30 Minutes
Total 45 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (12 count) Old El Paso™ Mini Soft Tortilla Bowls
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend (6 oz)
Serve with, if desired
- Chopped green onions
- Chopped tomatoes
- 1 bottle (9 oz) Old El Paso™ Mild Taco Sauce
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 325°F. In small microwavable bowl, microwave 1 tablespoon of the butter uncovered on High 20 to 30 seconds or until melted. Lightly brush melted butter on all sides of tortilla bowls. Place bowls in ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish. Set aside.
- Cook macaroni as directed on package; drain, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and salt until well blended. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir 6 to 8 minutes or until bubbly and thickened. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cheese until melted and smooth. Return to heat; stir in macaroni, and cook over low heat until heated through, stirring frequently. Divide mixture evenly among tortilla bowls.
- Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until edges of bowls feel firm. Let stand 5 minutes. Top with remaining ingredients.
- Want a little more heat? Top your mini mac and cheese bowls with Old El Paso™ Medium Taco Sauce.
- These macaroni bowls are a great way to use up leftover cooked macaroni! You will need 2 2/3 cups of cooked macaroni for this recipe.
- Stir, stir, stir! The cheese sauce is a snap to make, but it requires attentive stirring.
- 2 Mini Tortilla Bowls Calories 390 (Calories from Fat 170); Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 11g ,Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 600mg; Potassium 130mg; Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 3g); Protein 14g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 30%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch; 1 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet