Mini Queso Dip Bowls
Prep 20 Minutes
Total Time 30 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 package (12 count) Old El Paso™ Mini Soft Tortilla Bowls
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 oz Kraft™ Velveeta™ cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend (4 oz)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- Tortilla chips, as desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly brush melted butter on all sides of tortilla bowls. Place bowls on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned on edges and firm to the touch. Bowls will crisp as they cool. Remove to cooling rack to cool, about 10 minutes.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat milk, cheese cubes and shredded cheese over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until smooth.
- Stir in green chiles and tomatoes; continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Spoon cheese mixture into tortilla bowls. Serve immediately with chips.
- For fresh toppings, try adding chopped green onion or fresh cilantro leaves.
- If you like to bring the heat, try Old El Paso™ Shredded 3 Pepper Cheese Blend instead of Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend for even more of a spicy kick to your queso dip.
- Mini tortilla bowls are baked crisp so they can hold the cheesy dip.
- 2 Mini Tortilla Bowls Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 140); Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 9g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 660mg; Potassium 160mg; Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 5g); Protein 10g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 30%; Iron 6%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet