Mini Quiche Bowls
Quick to make for on-the-go breakfast, but pretty enough to serve for a weekend brunch.
15 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 Old El Paso™ Taco Bowls™ mini soft flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (1 oz)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with foil.
- In 8-inch nonstick skillet, cook bell pepper, tomato and onion 3 to 5 minutes to soften. In medium bowl, beat eggs, cream, salt and pepper with whisk.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, place bowls. Put 2 teaspoons cooked vegetables and 1 teaspoon cheese in bottom of each bowl. Pour 1 1/2 tablespoons egg mixture in each bowl. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Vary the cheese to use your favorite. Cheddar and Pepper Jack are great choices.
- o make breakfast easier--freeze the mini quiches! Cool baked quiches 15 minutes. Place in single layer in airtight container, and freeze up to 2 months. To reheat, bake at 375°F 16 to 20 minutes or until hot.
NutritionCalories200(Calories from Fat120),Total Fat14g(Saturated Fat7g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol95mgSodium320mgTotal Carbohydrate15g(Dietary Fiber0g Sugars2g),Protein5g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A10%;Vitamin C10%;Calcium8%;Iron4%; Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.