Mini Taco Salad Bowls
Prep 20 Minutes
Total 20 Minutes
- 1 package (5.1 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Soft Tortilla Mini Bowls (12 Count)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup finely shredded lettuce
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see below)
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly brush bowls with oil to coat entirely, and place on ungreased cookie sheet; bake 4 to 5 minutes or until browned on rim--bowls will get crisp as cooled. Set aside.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix. Cook until beef is coated with seasoning, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, divide lettuce and taco meat evenly among crisped bowls; serve with Make it FRESH toppings.
- Ideas for make it FRESH toppings: shredded Cheddar cheese, cooked fresh corn kernels, sliced green onions, sliced olives, sour cream, salsa, sliced avocados
- Substitute ground chicken for ground beef.
- 1 Serving Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 120); Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g ,Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 570mg; Potassium 150mg; Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 0g); Protein 14g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet