Mini Taco Salad Bowls
Try these fun new bowls for your next taco salad night; they will be a hit with both adults and kids!
20 Minutes Prep
20 Minutes Total
- 12 Old El Paso™ Taco Bowls™ mini soft flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup finely shredded lettuce
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see below)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly brush bowls with oil to coat entirely, and place on ungreased cookie sheet; bake 4 to 5 minutes or until browned on rim--bowls will get crisp as cooled. Set aside.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix. Cook until beef is coated with seasoning, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, divide lettuce and taco meat evenly among crisped bowls; serve with Make it FRESH toppings.
- Ideas for make it FRESH toppings: shredded Cheddar cheese, cooked fresh corn kernels, sliced green onions, sliced olives, sour cream, salsa, sliced avocados.
- Substitute ground chicken for ground beef.
NutritionCalories240(Calories from Fat120),Total Fat14g(Saturated Fat4 1/2g,Trans Fat1/2g),Cholesterol45mgSodium570mgTotal Carbohydrate15g(Dietary Fiber1g Sugars0g),Protein14g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A6%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium4%;Iron10%; Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.