Philly Cheese Steak Taco Bowls
Prep 30 Minutes
Total 30 Minutes
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin steak
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak grill seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, cut in half lengthwise and thickly sliced (2 cups)
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls
- 1/2 cup (from 15-oz jar) Kraft™ Cheez Whiz™ original cheese dip
Recipe Continues Below
- Trim excess fat from beef. Cut beef into 1/4-inch strips; place in medium bowl. Add grill seasoning and salt; toss to combine. Set aside.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Remove from heat; cover and keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook beef strips over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Add cooked onions and bell peppers; heat through.
- Meanwhile, heat bowls as directed on package. In small microwavable bowl, microwave cheese dip uncovered on High 30 to 45 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth and warmed. Divide beef mixture evenly among warmed bowls. Drizzle 1 tablespoon cheese dip on each boat. Serve immediately.
- Beef is easier to cut into thin strips if partially frozen first for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Kraft™ Cheez Whiz™ is the authentic way to top this sandwich, but provolone or American cheese run a close second.
- 1 Serving Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 6g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 600mg; Potassium 300mg; Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 4g); Protein 15g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 8%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet