Philly Cheese Steak Taco Bowls Recipe
30 Minutes Total
- 8 Servings
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin steak
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak grill seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, cut in half lengthwise and thickly sliced (2 cups)
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls
- 1/2 cup (from 15-oz jar) Kraft™ Cheez Whiz™ original cheese dip
Recipe Continues Below
- Trim excess fat from beef. Cut beef into 1/4-inch strips; place in medium bowl. Add grill seasoning and salt; toss to combine. Set aside.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Remove from heat; cover and keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook beef strips over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Add cooked onions and bell peppers; heat through.
- Meanwhile, heat bowls as directed on package. In small microwavable bowl, microwave cheese dip uncovered on High 30 to 45 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth and warmed. Divide beef mixture evenly among warmed bowls. Drizzle 1 tablespoon cheese dip on each bowl. Serve immediately.
- Beef is easier to cut into thin strips if partially frozen first for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Kraft™ Cheez Whiz™ is the authentic way to top this sandwich, but provolone or American cheese run a close second.
Calories240(Calories from Fat110),Total Fat13g(Saturated Fat6g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol50mgSodium600mgTotal Carbohydrate17g(Dietary Fiber1g Sugars4g),Protein15g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A6%;Vitamin C15%;Calcium8%;Iron10%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.