Philly Cheese Steak Taco Bowls™
Whiz or Whizout? Pat’s or Geno’s? Whatever you choose, you can’t go wrong with turning your favorite cheese steak into a taco!
30 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin steak
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak grill seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, cut in half lengthwise and thickly sliced (2 cups)
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls
- 1/2 cup (from 15-oz jar) Kraft™ Cheez Whiz™ original cheese dip
- Trim excess fat from beef. Cut beef into 1/4-inch strips; place in medium bowl. Add grill seasoning and salt; toss to combine. Set aside.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Remove from heat; cover and keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook beef strips over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Add cooked onions and bell peppers; heat through.
- Meanwhile, heat bowls as directed on package. In small microwavable bowl, microwave cheese dip uncovered on High 30 to 45 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth and warmed. Divide beef mixture evenly among warmed bowls. Drizzle 1 tablespoon cheese dip on each bowl. Serve immediately.
- Beef is easier to cut into thin strips if partially frozen first for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Kraft™ Cheez Whiz™ is the authentic way to top this sandwich, but provolone or American cheese run a close second.