Pimiento Cheese Pinwheels
Prep 30 Minutes
Total 2 Hours 30 Minutes
- 1 container (8 oz) cream cheese spread, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 package (11 oz) Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 tortillas; 8 inch)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend (8 oz)
- 1 jar (4 oz) diced pimientos, drained and patted dry
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeño chiles
Recipe Continues Below
- In medium bowl, mix cream cheese spread, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt and red pepper. Divide mixture among tortillas, spreading evenly over tortillas, leaving 1/2-inch border. Top half of each tortilla with cheese, pimientos, green onions and jalapeño chiles.
- Starting from side with toppings, roll up very tightly. Wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- To serve, cut 1 inch from end of each roll, and discard. Cut each roll into 4 (1 1/2-inch) slices.
- One 8-oz package of cream cheese can be used instead of cream cheese spread for these pimiento cheese bites. Soften cream cheese as directed on package.
- If you don’t have cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend for these pimiento cheese appetizers, shredded medium cheddar cheese can be substituted.
- 1 Pinwheel Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 3g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 200mg; Potassium 30mg; Total Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 0g); Protein 3g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 8%; Iron 2%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet