Pork and Sweet Potato Tacos with Chipotle Aioli
Prep 35 Minutes
Total 1 Hours
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 1 1/4 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium dark-orange sweet potatoes (about 1 lb), peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 package (4.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ taco shells (10 shells)
- 2 tablespoons salted roasted pepitas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix oil and taco seasoning mix. Add pork tenderloin and sweet potatoes; toss to coat. Spread in single layer on baking sheet. Roast 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender and pork is no longer pink in center (145°F).
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, chipotles in adobo, garlic and lime juice. Reserve 2 tablespoons mixture for topping tacos; set aside. Add cabbage to remaining mayonnaise mixture in bowl; toss to coat.
- Heat taco shells as directed on box. Divide cabbage mixture among shells; top with pork and sweet potatoes. Top with remaining mayonnaise mixture, pepitas and cilantro.
- Orange-fleshed sweet potatoes are often labeled “garnet yams” in grocery stores.
- Pepitas are small edible pumpkin seeds that add a delicious, salty crunch to tacos, salads and more.
- 1 Serving Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 240); Total Fat 27g (Saturated Fat 5g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 440mg; Potassium 360mg; Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 3g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 15g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 90%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 4%; Iron 8%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 2 Very Lean Meat; 5 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet