Quick Chicken Quesadillas
Feeding a family is a snap with this dinner that's on the table in less than 30 minutes. By Betty Crocker Kitchens
25 Minutes Prep
25 Minutes Total
- 6 oz refrigerated cooked Southwest-flavor chicken breast strips (from 9- or 12-oz package)
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1 package (11 oz) Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch; 8 tortillas)
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups finely shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend (8 oz)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. In small bowl, mix chicken and salsa.
- Spray 1 side of 1 tortilla with cooking spray; place sprayed side down in 10-inch nonstick skillet. Layer with one-fourth of the chicken mixture and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Top with another tortilla; spray top of tortilla with cooking spray.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes, carefully turning after 2 minutes, until golden brown. Repeat with remaining tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese. To serve, cut quesadillas into wedges. Serve with sour cream and, if desired, additional salsa.
- If you can't find the refrigerated seasoned chicken, substitute 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken.
- A salad of fresh melon chunks, pineapple and berries, plus glasses of lemonade or iced tea will add a cool, fresh touch to these yummy quesadillas.
- To make Quick Chicken-Vegetable Quesadillas, sprinkle 2 tablespoons chopped tomato, 1 tablespoon sliced ripe olives and 1 tablespoon sliced green onions over the cheese for each quesadilla.
NutritionCalories580(Calories from Fat280),Total Fat32g(Saturated Fat16g,Trans Fat2 1/2g),Cholesterol85mgSodium1360mgTotal Carbohydrate45g(Dietary Fiber0g Sugars3g),Protein29g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A15%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium60%;Iron15%; Exchanges:2 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.