Quick Grilled Fish Tacos
Prep 30 Minutes
Total 30 Minutes
- 1 lb white fish fillets, such as tilapia or catfish
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ 40% less-sodium taco seasoning mix (from 1 oz package)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat ranch dressing
- 4 cups coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 1 small jalapeño chile, seeded, finely chopped
- 10 corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 1 1/4 cups sliced radishes (about 10)
- Red pepper sauce to taste, if desired
- Tomatillo salsa, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut 1 (18x12-inch) sheet of heavy-duty foil; spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle both sides of fish fillets with 2 teaspoons of the seasoning mix. Place fish on center of foil sheet. Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal.
- Place packet on grill over high heat. Cover grill; cook about 10 minutes, rotating packet 1/2 turn after 5 minutes, until fish flakes easily with fork. Let cool slightly; cut into bite-size chunks.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix dressing and remaining 4 teaspoons seasoning mix. Add coleslaw mix and chile; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, wrap stack of tortillas in sheet of foil; place on coolest part of grill 5 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until steaming.
- To serve, spoon about 1/4 cup fish chunks and 1/4 cup coleslaw mixture onto each tortilla; top with 2 tablespoons radishes. Fold tortillas around filling. Serve with pepper sauce and tomatillo salsa.
- When chopping the jalapeño chile for this Quick Grilled Fish Tacos recipe, wear gloves to prevent skin irritation from the oils.
- To warm tortillas in the microwave: Place a stack of tortillas between slightly dampened microwavable paper towels; microwave on High about 45 seconds or until warm.
Calories240(Calories from Fat40),Total Fat4g(Saturated Fat1/2g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol50mgSodium410mgTotal Carbohydrate30g(Dietary Fiber4g Sugars4g),Protein21g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A40%;Vitamin C35%;Calcium10%;Iron8%; Exchanges:1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1 Vegetable; 2 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:2 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.