- 1 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated pizza crust
- 1-1/4 lb ground beef
- 1 package Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- shredded lettuce (just a handful is perfect)
- 3-4 tablespoons of Old El Paso™ Salsa
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, more as desired
Step 1 Preheat oven and prepare the pizza crust, following the package instructions.
Step 2 While the crust is prebaking, put the ground beef in a pan on medium heat, breaking it up. Once the beef has browned, drain the grease from the pan. Add 1/4 cup water and the taco seasoning package. Mix thoroughly, return to the heat, and allow the beef to cook for another 3-4 minutes as the sauce thickens.
Step 3 Spread the beef on the prebaked crust and pop it back in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove the pizza from the oven and add the shredded lettuce, salsa, and the cheese. Return to the oven until the cheese has melted and the crust has browned, approximately 5-7 minutes. Cut into slices and serve.
Expert TipsSwap out the Cheddar and use Mexican or Monterey Jack cheese.
Add drizzles of sour cream, chopped green chiles, or diced avocado for extra flavor.