Quick Taco Pizza
Blogger Cate O’Malley from Sweetnicks shares a favorite recipe. Some days, you have a craving for tacos. Some days, pizza. With this quick 30 minutes start-to-finish recipe, you don’t have to choose.
5 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
- 1 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated pizza crust
- 1-1/4 lb ground beef
- 1 package Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- shredded lettuce (just a handful is perfect)
- 3-4 tablespoons of Old El Paso™ Salsa
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, more as desired
- Preheat oven and prepare the pizza crust, following the package instructions.
- While the crust is prebaking, put the ground beef in a pan on medium heat, breaking it up. Once the beef has browned, drain the grease from the pan. Add 1/4 cup water and the taco seasoning package. Mix thoroughly, return to the heat, and allow the beef to cook for another 3-4 minutes as the sauce thickens.
- Spread the beef on the prebaked crust and pop it back in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove the pizza from the oven and add the shredded lettuce, salsa, and the cheese. Return to the oven until the cheese has melted and the crust has browned, approximately 5-7 minutes. Cut into slices and serve.
- Swap out the Cheddar and use Mexican or Monterey Jack cheese.
- Add drizzles of sour cream, chopped green chiles, or diced avocado for extra flavor.