Rita Ranchero Beans
Prep 15 Minutes
Total 20 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Bud Light Lime® Lime-A-Rita flavored malt beverage (from 8-oz can)
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ refried beans
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- Cooked rice or tortilla chips, as desired
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese (2 oz), if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- In 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook until starting to soften. Stir in tomatoes and garlic, cooking until tomatoes release their juices. Stir in salt, beverage, beans and chiles. Cook until mixture comes to a simmer. Stir in cilantro; continue to simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve with cooked rice or tortilla chips, if desired. Top with queso fresco cheese, if desired.
- If you want some extra spice, simply add more green chiles and/or some fresh jalapeño chiles.
- Try sprinkling chopped fresh tomato over beans just before serving.
- 1 Serving Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 35); Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 910mg; Potassium 150mg; Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 6g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 6g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 4%; Iron 8%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet