- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Bud Light Lime® Lime-A-Rita flavored malt beverage (from 8-oz can)
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ refried beans
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- Cooked rice or tortilla chips, as desired
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese (2 oz), if desired
Step 1 In 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook until starting to soften. Stir in tomatoes and garlic, cooking until tomatoes release their juices. Stir in salt, beverage, beans and chiles. Cook until mixture comes to a simmer. Stir in cilantro; continue to simmer 5 minutes.
Step 2 Serve with cooked rice or tortilla chips, if desired. Top with queso fresco cheese, if desired.
NutritionCalories150(Calories from Fat35),Total Fat4g(Saturated Fat1g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol0mgSodium910mgTotal Carbohydrate23g(Dietary Fiber6g Sugars2g),Protein6g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A10%;Vitamin C10%;Calcium4%;Iron8%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Expert TipsIf you want some extra spice, simply add more green chiles and/or some fresh jalapeño chiles.
Try sprinkling chopped fresh tomato over beans just before serving.