Roasted Sweet Potato, Poblano and Chickpea Burrito Bowls
Prep 25 Minutes
Total 50 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (11 oz) Old El Paso™ Adobo Steak Burrito Bowl Kit
- 3 cups peeled and cubed (1-inch) sweet potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 1 large poblano chile, stemmed, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pepitas
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray large rimmed sheet pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix oil and seasoning mix (from burrito bowl kit). Add sweet potatoes, poblano chiles and chickpeas; toss to coat. Transfer to pan in single layer. Roast 25 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, add rice (from burrito bowl kit) water and butter. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Divide rice among 4 serving bowls. Top with roasted vegetables, avocado, queso fresco cheese, queso blanco sauce (from burrito bowl kit) and pepitas.
- Cooking Vegetarian? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is vegetarian. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Chopped red onion makes a lovely garnish, adding extra flavor and crunch to your veggie burrito bowl.
- Poblano chiles are fresh and typically mild chile peppers. When dried, they are called ancho chiles.
- 1 Bowl Calories 670 (Calories from Fat 230); Total Fat 26g (Saturated Fat 7g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 1330mg; Potassium 1040mg; Total Carbohydrate 93g (Dietary Fiber 12g ,Sugars 12g); Protein 16g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 290%; Vitamin C 30%; Calcium 25%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 4 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 4 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 6
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet