Salsa Verde Scrambled Egg Tacos
Enjoy your scrambled eggs in a mini soft tortilla bowl with these delicious breakfast tacos, perfect for kids and adults! They’re topped with shredded cheese, fresh pico de gallo, avocado and Old El Paso™ Creamy Salsa Verde sauce.
15 Minutes Prep
20 Minutes Total
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (12 count) Old El Paso™ Mini Soft Tortilla Bowls, heated as directed on package
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled, diced
- 1/3 cup Old El Paso™ Creamy Salsa Verde sauce
- In large bowl, beat eggs with whisk. Add milk and salt; beat well.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook 3 to 5 minutes, scraping cooked eggs up from bottom of skillet occasionally, until mixture is firm but still moist.
- Divide eggs evenly among warm tortilla bowls. Top with cheese, pico de gallo and avocado; drizzle with sauce.
- Try chopped tomatoes in place of pico de gallo.
- Kids love to help in the kitchen. After filling tortillas with eggs, let the kids top with their favorite cheese and fresh toppings!
- Add cooked breakfast sausage to tacos for a flavor twist.
Nutrition6 servings (2 tacos each)
1 Serving Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 190); Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 210mg; Sodium 550mg; Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 2g); Protein 10g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 15%; Iron 10%;
Exchanges: 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Medium-Fat Meat, 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 2 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1