With sour cream, crab and shrimp, these are a tasty twist from traditional enchiladas made with red sauce and ground beef. By Betty Crocker Kitchens
30 Minutes Prep
1 Hour 5 Minutes Total
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 container (8 oz) sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (8 oz)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, undrained
- 3 cans (6 oz each) crabmeat, drained, rinsed
- 1 package (8 oz) frozen cooked peeled shrimp, thawed (45 to 50 count)
- 1 package (11.5 oz) Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 tortillas)
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 small plum (Roma) tomato, chopped (1/3 cup)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic in butter 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. Stir in flour until all flour is blended with butter. Stir in broth and sour cream until smooth. Heat to boiling; cook about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted. Stir in chiles.
- In medium bowl, mix 1 cup of cheese sauce, the crabmeat and shrimp. In 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, spoon 1 cup of the cheese sauce over bottom. Spoon about 1/2 cup seafood mixture onto each tortilla. Roll up tortillas; place seam sides down on sauce in dish. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
- Cover baking dish with foil. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly.
- In medium bowl, toss remaining ingredients. Just before serving, spoon avocado mixture down center of enchiladas.
- Use Cheddar or Monterey Jack instead of the cheese blend, if you prefer.
- Assemble the enchiladas the night before; cover and refrigerate until ready to bake. Wait to prepare the avocado-tomato topping until just before serving.
NutritionCalories480(Calories from Fat240),Total Fat26g(Saturated Fat13g,Trans Fat1/2g),Cholesterol155mgSodium1050mgTotal Carbohydrate29g(Dietary Fiber2g Sugars3g),Protein30g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A15%;Vitamin C10%;Calcium35%;Iron15%; Exchanges:2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.