Sheet-Pan Chicken and Steak Fajitas
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced white onions
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 boneless beef sirloin steak (about 8 oz), 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 package (8.2 oz) Old El Paso™ Soft Flour Tortillas for Tacos & Fajitas (6 inch), (10 count)
- 1/2 cup (from 9-oz container) Old El Paso™ Cilantro Lime Fire Roasted Verde Sauce
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican Blend (4 oz)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup seeded, diced tomatoes
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 18x13-inch rimmed sheet pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of the oil, the cumin, coriander and salt. Add bell peppers and onions; toss to coat. Pour vegetable mixture in pan.
- In same bowl, mix remaining 2 tablespoons oil and the taco seasoning mix; add chicken and steak, and toss to coat. Add chicken and steak to pan with vegetables. Roast 10 minutes. Stir vegetables; turn chicken and steak. Roast 10 to 15 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink in center (at least 165°F), steak is cooked to desired doneness (145°F in center for medium-rare) and vegetables are tender. Cut chicken in thin slices; cut steak across grain into thin slices.
- Heat tortillas as directed on package. Divide chicken, steak and vegetables among tortillas. Top with sauce, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes.
- Round out the easy chicken and steak fajitas feast with Old El Paso™ Cilantro Lime Rice and Old El Paso™ Refried Beans.
- For extra bright, fresh flavor, serve chicken and steak fajitas with chopped fresh cilantro leaves and lime wedges.
- Crumbled queso fresco can be substituted for the shredded cheese.
1 Serving (2 Fajitas) Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 200); Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 1190mg; Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 4g); Protein 35g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 35%; Vitamin C 60%; Calcium 10%; Iron 30%;
Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 3 1/2 Lean Meat, 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 2.5