Sheet-Pan Chorizo Breakfast Burritos
Prep 30 Minutes
Total 1 Hours
- 1 lb bulk chorizo sausage
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 12 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch), heated as directed on package
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ salsa (any variety)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 medium avocados, pitted, peeled and sliced
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 18x13-inch rimmed sheet pan with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook chorizo over medium heat 9 to 11 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, whipping cream, taco seasoning mix, green chiles and salt. Pour egg mixture into sheet pan. Sprinkle cooked chorizo sausage evenly over eggs. Bake 18 to 21 minutes or until egg mixture is set and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until melted.
- Cut eggs into 12 rectangles. Place one rectangle into each heated tortilla. Top with salsa, sour cream and avocado slices; roll up, and serve.
- For a little added heat, substitute shredded Pepper Jack cheese for the Cheddar cheese.
- Look for the fresh, uncooked type of chorizo sausage for this recipe.
- 1 Serving Calories 540 (Calories from Fat 340); Total Fat 38g (Saturated Fat 15g ,Trans Fat 1 1/2g); Cholesterol 255mg; Sodium 1410mg; Potassium 370mg; Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 2g ,Sugars 4g); Protein 23g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 25%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 4 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet