- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked rice vermicelli noodles, broken
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on the bias
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb cooked peeled miniature shrimp (150 to 200 per lb)
- 12 Old El Paso™ mini soft flour tortilla Taco Bowls™
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup matchstick-cut cucumbers
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped salted roasted peanuts
- Sriracha sauce, if desired
InstructionsStep 1 In microwavable 2-cup measuring cup, microwave water uncovered on High 1 to 3 minutes or until boiling. Add noodles; soak 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Drain; return to measuring cup.
Step 2 In medium bowl, mix brown sugar, vinegar, fish sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir in green onions, basil, cilantro and garlic. Add 2 tablespoons of the sauce mixture to cup with noodles; stir and set aside. Stir shrimp into bowl with remaining sauce mixture.
Step 3 Heat bowls as directed on package. Divide noodles among bowls; top with lettuce. Divide shrimp mixture and any remaining sauce mixture among bowls; top with cucumbers and carrot. Sprinkle with peanuts, and drizzle with Sriracha sauce.
NutritionCalories100( Calories from Fat35),% Daily ValueTotal Fat3 1/2g3 1/2%(Saturated Fat1g,1%Trans Fat0g0%), Cholesterol30mg30%;Sodium290mg290%;Total Carbohydrate11g11%(Dietary Fiber0g0% Sugars3g3%), Protein5g5%; % Daily Value*:Vitamin A10%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium4%;Iron2%;Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Expert TipsCan’t stand the heat? Instead of drizzling with Sriracha, consider topping with more fresh herbs or green onions.
Need to save some time? Opt for bagged preshredded lettuce and carrots.