Shrimp Tacos with Tropical Salsa
Prep 25 Minutes
Total 25 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe large mango, seed removed, peeled and chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 medium serrano chile, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/4 lb uncooked deveined peeled medium (41 to 50 ct) shrimp, tail shells removed
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (10 count) Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ taco shells, heated as directed on package
- Lime wedges
Recipe Continues Below
- In medium bowl, to make salsa, beat lime juice, honey and salt with whisk. Add mango, bell pepper, cucumber, red onion, serrano chile and cilantro. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, mix shrimp and taco seasoning mix; stir to coat.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp mixture; cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Divide shrimp filling among taco shells; top with salsa. Serve with lime wedges.
- Like it spicy? Don’t seed the chile before chopping. You'll end up feasting on shrimp tacos and mango salsa with an extra spicy kick.
- The tropical salsa in this recipe for shrimp tacos with mango salsa is very versatile. Try it over chicken or salmon.
- 1 Taco Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 45); Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 550mg; Potassium 160mg; Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 2g ,Sugars 6g); Protein 11g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 6%; Iron 4%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 1/2 Lean Meat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet