Sizzling Grilled Chicken Fajitas
Have fun with these no-fuss fajitas, with chicken, spices, and vegetables cooked on the grill in easy-clean-up foil packets.
35 Minutes Prep
2 Hours 35 Minutes Total
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded, cut into rings
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 4 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch; from 11-oz package)
- In medium bowl, mix chili powder, cumin, salt, garlic and lime juice. Add chicken, bell pepper and onion; stir to coat. Cover bowl; refrigerate at least 2 hours to marinate, turning once.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut 2 (18x12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil. Remove chicken and vegetables from marinade; discard marinade. Place half of chicken and vegetables on center of each sheet. Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal. Cut another sheet of foil; wrap tortillas securely in foil.
- Place packets on grill over medium heat. Cook chicken and vegetables 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are crisp-tender. Cook tortillas 2 to 3 minutes or until warm. Open foil carefully to allow hot steam to escape.
- Serve each chicken and vegetable packet with 2 tortillas. If desired, top tortillas with shredded lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheese and salsa.
- To get the most juice from fresh limes, use the limes at room temperature, and roll them on the counter with your hands before cutting.
- Serve these fajitas with frosty margaritas.
NutritionCalories450(Calories from Fat110),Total Fat13g(Saturated Fat3g,Trans Fat2g),Cholesterol75mgSodium990mgTotal Carbohydrate50g(Dietary Fiber3g Sugars5g),Protein34g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A50%;Vitamin C70%;Calcium15%;Iron25%; Exchanges:3 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 3 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.