- 2 1/2 lb boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed of fat and cut into 4 pieces
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ beef barbacoa slow cooker seasoning mix
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 8 cups tortilla chips (8 oz)
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ traditional refried beans, heated (from 16-oz can)
- 12 oz Kraft™ Velveeta™ original cheese product, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky medium salsa
Toppings, as desired
- Sliced green onions
- Diced avocado
- Diced tomato
- Old El Paso™ pickled jalapeño slices
Step 1 Spray 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In slow cooker, mix Barbacoa ingredients. Cover; cook on High heat setting 4 to 5 hours, or Low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until tender. Transfer beef to cutting board; shred with two forks. Reserve 2 cups shredded beef for nachos. Save remaining for another use.
Step 2 Heat oven to 400°F. Line large rimmed baking pan with foil.
Step 3 Spread half of chips evenly in pan. Sprinkle half of the Cheddar cheese over the chips; top with half of the refried beans and half of the barbacoa. Repeat layers. Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.
Step 4 Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat Queso ingredients over medium-low heat. Cook until melted, stirring occasionally.
Step 5 Drizzle 1 cup of the queso over nachos. Sprinkle with Toppings. Serve immediately with extra queso on the side.