Slow-Cooker Chicken-Nacho Cheese Tacos
Tacos couldn't get easier than this! With three ingredients plus delicious cheesy taco shells, these will come together in no time and disappear even quicker from the dinner table.
15 Minutes Prep
4 Hours Total
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 8 Old El Paso™ Stand 'N Stuff™ bold nacho cheese flavored taco shells, warmed
- Make it FRESH toppings, if desired (see below)
- Place chicken in 3-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix. Pour broth over top.
- Cover; cook on High heat setting 4 hours, or on Low heat setting 8 hours.
- After cooking, remove chicken from slow cooker; shred on plate. Return to cooker; stir into juices. Divide chicken among warm shells; add desired fresh toppings.
- Ideas for Make it FRESH toppings: guacamole, sour cream, salsa, shredded lettuce, fresh lime wedges.
- Slow cookers are a great time-saver on busy days. To help get dinner on the table even quicker, gather toppings and fresh condiments for the tacos in the morning when starting slow cooker. Dinner will be that much easier!
NutritionCalories160(Calories from Fat60),Total Fat6g(Saturated Fat2 1/2g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol35mgSodium470mgTotal Carbohydrate11g(Dietary Fiber1g Sugars0g),Protein14g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A4%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium0%;Iron4%; Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 2 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.