Slow-Cooker Chicken-Nacho Cheese Tacos
Prep 15 Minutes
Total 4 Hours 15 Minutes
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 8 Old El Paso™ Stand 'N Stuff™ bold nacho cheese flavored taco shells, warmed
- Make it FRESH toppings, if desired (see below)
Recipe Continues Below
- Place chicken in 3-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix. Pour broth over top.
- Cover; cook on High heat setting 4 hours, or on Low heat setting 8 hours.
- After cooking, remove chicken from slow cooker; shred on plate. Return to cooker; stir into juices. Divide chicken among warm shells; add desired fresh toppings.
- Ideas for Make it FRESH toppings: guacamole, sour cream, salsa, shredded lettuce, fresh lime wedges.
- Slow cookers are a great time-saver on busy days. To help get dinner on the table even quicker, gather toppings and fresh condiments for the tacos in the morning when starting slow cooker. Dinner will be that much easier!
- 1 Taco Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 470mg; Potassium 115mg; Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 0g); Protein 14g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 4%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 2 Very Lean Meat; 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet