Slow-Cooker Enchilada Meatballs
2 Hours 15 Minutes Total
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (5 oz)
- 3/4 cup crumbled cornbread
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix (from 1.25-oz package)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef round
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ mild enchilada sauce
- Heat oven to 475°F. Line 17x12-inch half-sheet pan with foil; spray foil with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix 3/4 cup of the cheese, the cornbread, cilantro, onion, taco seasoning mix, garlic and egg. Crumble beef into cheese mixture, mixing with hands just until blended (do not overmix). Shape mixture into 32 (1-inch) balls. Place in pan. Bake uncovered 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spray 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. With slotted spatula, remove meatballs from pan to slow cooker. Pour enchilada sauce over meatballs; stir to coat.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 1 hour 30 minutes. Transfer meatballs to serving dish; pour sauce over meatballs. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Serve meatballs with toothpicks or cocktail forks. Meatballs can be held on Low heat setting up to 1 hour; stir occasionally.
- Quickly shape meatballs with the help of a small cookie scoop.
Calories60,Total Fat3 1/2g(Saturated Fat1 1/2g,),Sodium110mgTotal Carbohydrate2g(Dietary Fiber0g),Protein5g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A0%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium0%;Iron0%; Exchanges: Carbohydrate Choices:0 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.