Slow-Cooker Mexican Meatball Taco Bar
Prep 40 Minutes
Total Time 3 Hours 10 Minutes
- 2 lb ground beef (at least 80% lean)
- 1 packet (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ Mild Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 bottle (9 oz) Old El Paso™ Mild Taco Sauce
Bowls and Tortillas
- 1 box (4.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Stand 'n Stuff Taco Shells (10 Count), heated as directed on package
- 1 package (6.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Soft Tortilla Bowls (8 Count), heated as directed on package
Toppings, as desired, placed in bowls for taco bar
- 1 package (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend
- Shredded romaine lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped green onions
- Chopped red onion
- 1 container (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Crema Mexicana
- 1 bottle (9 oz) Old El Paso™ Creamy Queso Sauce
- 1 bottle (9 oz) Old El Paso™ Zesty Ranch Sauce
Recipe Continues Below
- Spray 5- or 6-quart oval slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix beef, taco seasoning mix, finely chopped onions, bread crumbs, milk, eggs and salt. Shape into about 54 (1-inch) meatballs.
- Place meatballs in slow cooker, and pour sauces over meatballs.
- Cover; cook on High heat setting 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until meatballs are thoroughly cooked (165°F); stir.
- Using slotted spoon, spoon meatballs into taco shells and tortilla bowls. Top each as desired.
- Using a small (1 tablespoon) cookie scoop makes forming the taco meatballs a quick and easy task.
- When adding the uncooked meatballs to the sauce in the slow cooker, make sure to gently stir the meatballs to coat them with the sauce, taking care not to break them up before they cook.
- Shredded Old El Paso™ cheese, lettuce, chopped tomatoes, chopped green onions, red onions and Old El Paso™ Crema Mexicana are all great taco bar additions.
- Are your fans serious about their sauce? Take your taco bar to the next level by adding more of our delicious Old El Paso™ sauces, like Zesty Ranch, Creamy Salsa Verde or Creamy Queso Sauce to your winning spread.
- Did we win you over with Tex-Mex meatballs? Try Slow-Cooker Cheesy Diablo Meatballs and Slow-Cooker Enchilada Meatballs next!
- 1 taco or tortilla bowl Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 510mg; Potassium 125mg; Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 11g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet