- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast (2 1/2 lb), trimmed of fat
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch; from two 11.5-oz packages)
- Assorted toppings (such as shredded Cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes), if desired
Step 1 Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place pork in cooker.
Step 2 In blender, place tomatoes, tomato paste, honey, garlic, chili powder and salt. Cover; blend on medium-high speed 10 seconds, stopping blender frequently to scrape sides. Pour over pork.
Step 3 Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
Step 4 Remove pork from cooker; place on cutting board. Shred pork with 2 forks; return to cooker and mix well.
Step 5 Serve pork mixture on tortillas with toppings. Pork mixture will hold on Low heat setting up to 2 hours.
NutritionCalories330(Calories from Fat140),Total Fat15g(Saturated Fat5g,Trans Fat1g),Cholesterol60mgSodium490mgTotal Carbohydrate24g(Dietary Fiber0g Sugars3g),Protein24g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A6%;Vitamin C2%;Calcium8%;Iron10%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 3 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Expert TipsThis tasty pork filling also makes great sandwiches. Spoon the filling on top of toasted bread slices. Top with shredded lettuce and shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese.
To warm tortillas, wrap them in foil and heat in a 325°F oven for about 15 minutes. Or place on a microwavable paper towel, and microwave on High for 30 seconds.