Slow-Cooker Southwestern Pork Burritos
Prep 10 Minutes
Total 8 Hours 10 Minutes
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast (2 1/2 lb), trimmed of fat
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 tortillas from 2 packages (11 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas for Burritos (8 Count)
- Assorted toppings (such as shredded Cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes), if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place pork in cooker.
- In blender, place tomatoes, tomato paste, honey, garlic, chili powder and salt. Cover; blend on medium-high speed 10 seconds, stopping blender frequently to scrape sides. Pour over pork.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove pork from cooker; place on cutting board. Shred pork with 2 forks; return to cooker and mix well.
- Serve pork mixture on tortillas with toppings. Pork mixture will hold on Low heat setting up to 2 hours.
- This tasty pork filling also makes great sandwiches. Spoon the filling on top of toasted bread slices. Top with shredded lettuce and shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese.
- To warm tortillas, wrap them in foil and heat in a 325°F oven for about 15 minutes. Or place on a microwavable paper towel, and microwave on High for 30 seconds.
- 1 Burrito Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 140); Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 5g ,Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 490mg; Potassium 380mg; Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 3g); Protein 24g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 8%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 3 Lean Meat; 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet