Southwest Turkey Avocado Club Tortilla Pockets
- 1 package (8 count) Old El Paso™ Tortilla Pockets, heated as directed on package
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced mesquite smoked turkey
- 8 cooked bacon slices, cut in half crosswise
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 8 slices (1 oz each) pepper Jack cheese
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- 8 tomato slices
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Creamy Salsa Verde Sauce
- Stuff tortilla pockets with turkey, bacon, avocado, cheese, lettuce and tomato. Serve with sauce.
- Look for avocados that are firm but yield to gentle pressure. If they are not quite ripe, place avocados in a paper bag and let ripen at room temperature.
- While any lettuce will work in these Southwest Turkey Avocado Club Tortilla Pockets, we like romaine the best because it adds a nice crunch to the filling and won’t wilt as quickly as other lettuce varieties.
- The pepper Jack cheese gives the tortilla pocket just a pleasant touch of heat, but if preferred, you can substitute cheddar or Monterey Jack.
2 Pockets Calories 710 (Calories from Fat 400); Total Fat 44g (Saturated Fat 18g, Trans Fat 0.5g); Cholesterol 95mg; Sodium 1710mg; Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 3g); Protein 32g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 120%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 40%; Iron 20%;
Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1/2 Fruit, 1 Vegetable, 2 Lean Meat, 1 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 5 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 3