Southwest Turkey Tacos
Lean ground turkey, veggies and savory salsa meld in the slow cooker to make this deliciously easy taco filling.
20 Minutes Prep
6 Hours 20 Minutes Total
- 1 package (20 oz) extra-lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained
- 1 can (11 oz) whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 boxes (4.6 oz each) Old El Paso™ taco shells (24 shells total)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cups chopped lettuce
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- In 12-inch skillet, place turkey and onion; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until turkey is no longer pink.
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, mix turkey mixture, salsa, beans, corn and chili powder.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 7 hours.
- To serve, heat taco shells in oven as directed on boxes. Stir cilantro into turkey mixture. Spoon about 1/4 cup mixture into each warm taco shell; top with lettuce and tomatoes.
- This taco mixture is also delicious served over rice and topped with chopped fresh cilantro.
- Top with fat-free sour cream, if desired.