Southwestern Bean Combo
Prep 25 Minutes
Total 25 Minutes
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky mild salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (16 oz) baked beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) spicy chili beans, undrained
Recipe Continues Below
- In 2-quart saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from saucepan. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in saucepan.
- Add bell pepper and onion to drippings in saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add bacon and remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat until mixture just begins to boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until hot.
- This bean combo makes a great side dish to hot dogs or hamburgers. Add chips and fresh fruit for a complete meal.
- Up the spice factor of this dish by using a hot salsa.
- 1 Serving (1/2 Cup) Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 15); Total Fat 2g (Saturated Fat 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 800mg; Potassium 450mg; Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 5g ,Sugars 6g); Protein 6g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 6%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet