Spicy Breakfast Takis® Fuego® Tacos
- 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño or serrano chile, seeds and membranes removed, finely diced
- 1 package (4.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ Takis® Fuego® Taco Shells (10 shells), heated as directed on package
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Shredded 3 Pepper Cheese Blend (4 oz)
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Crema Mexicana
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Transfer to medium bowl, and cover with foil to keep warm. Carefully wipe out skillet.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat eggs and salt with fork or whisk until well mixed. Return skillet to medium-high heat; heat butter just until it begins to sizzle and look hot. Add onion and chile; cook 1 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. Pour egg mixture into skillet; reduce heat to medium. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until eggs are thickened throughout but still moist and creamy.
- Spoon 1/4 cup sausage into each shell. Divide egg mixture evenly, about 1/3 cup each, over filling, then top with cheese, avocado and cilantro. Serve with crema.
- Trademarks referred to herein are the properties of their respective owners.
- Serve these spicy Takis® tacos with your favorite Takis® chips!
- Can’t take the heat? Substitute 2 tablespoons finely diced bell pepper for the jalapeño chile to tone down these Takis® tacos.
- Feel like branching out? Try this recipe with bulk chorizo instead of bulk breakfast sausage.
1 Taco Calories 460 (Calories from Fat 330); Total Fat 37g (Saturated Fat 16g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 210mg; Sodium 870mg; Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 4g); Protein 15g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 15%; Iron 6%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 Medium-Fat Meat, 1 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 4 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1