Spicy Vietnamese Pork Tacos
Tacos take an Asian spin in this Vietnamese inspired take on taco night. Spicy ground pork is layered on shredded green cabbage, then topped with fresh toppings of shredded carrots, radishes, cucumbers and Sriracha mayonnaise.
30 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 package (8 count) Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls, heated as directed on package
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced and halved English (hot house) cucumber
- 1/4 cup julienne (match-stick cut) radish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges, if desired
- In small bowl, mix mayonnaise and Sriracha sauce until blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook pork over medium-high heat 7 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; do not drain. Remove from heat. Stir in soy sauce and pepper flakes.
- Divide cabbage and pork mixture among heated tortilla bowls. Top with carrot, cucumber, radish, cilantro and Sriracha mayonnaise. Serve with lime wedges.
- Try topping with more fresh toppings like sliced jalapeños or chopped green onions.
- Sriracha sauce is made from sun-ripened chiles, garlic, sugar and vinegar. Increase the Sriracha sauce in the mayonnaise for an extra kick.
- To save time, purchase shredded cabbage.
Nutrition1 Taco Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 190); Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 420mg; Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g); Protein 12g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 25%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 4%; Iron 8%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 Vegetable, 1 1/2 Medium-Fat Meat, 2 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1