Spinach and Strawberry Pinwheels
Prep 25 Minutes
Total 2 Hours 25 Minutes
- 1 container (8 oz) cream cheese spread, softened
- 2 oz goat cheese (chèvre), crumbled
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package (11 oz) Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 tortillas; 8 inch)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 lb strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups baby spinach
Recipe Continues Below
- In medium bowl, mix cream cheese spread, goat cheese, lemon juice and pepper. Divide mixture among tortillas, spreading evenly over tortillas, leaving 1/2-inch border. Top one half of each tortilla with walnuts and strawberries. Evenly place spinach leaves over strawberries.
- Starting from side with toppings, roll up very tightly. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 3 hours.
- To serve, trim 1 inch from end of each roll, and discard. Cut each roll into 4 (1 1/2-inch) slices.
- One 8-oz package of cream cheese can be used instead of cream cheese spread for these strawberry pinwheels. Soften cream cheese as directed on package.
- Rolling tightly is the key to great-looking, easy-to-slice strawberry-cream cheese bites.
- 1 Pinwheel Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 40); Total Fat 4 1/2g (Saturated Fat 2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 125mg; Potassium 60mg; Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 1g); Protein 2g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 4%; Iron 2%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet