Steakhouse 3 Topping Tacos
Twist up taco night with this easy steakhouse version of a 3 topping taco. Steak gets spiced up with taco seasoning mix and teams up with arugula, blue cheese and red onion for a new beefy favorite.
40 Minutes Prep
40 Minutes Total
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin steak, 3/4 inch thick
- 4 teaspoons Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 10 Old El Paso™ Stand 'N Stuff™ taco shells
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 3/4 cup creamy blue cheese dressing
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- Season beef on all sides with taco seasoning mix. Place beef on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 13 to 16 minutes for medium doneness (160°F), turning once. Allow beef to rest 5 minutes; finely chop.
- Heat shells as directed on package. Divide arugula among shells; top with beef. Drizzle with dressing, and top with onion.
- Not a fan of arugula? Substitute spinach in this recipe for arugula.
- New York strip steak can be substituted for sirloin in this recipe. Adjust your cooking time to 10 to 12 minutes for medium doneness (160°F).
NutritionCalories220(Calories from Fat120),Total Fat14g(Saturated Fat3g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol30mgSodium240mgTotal Carbohydrate12g(Dietary Fiber0g Sugars3g),Protein11g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A2%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium2%;Iron8%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 1 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.