Prep 45 Minutes
Total Time 45 Minutes
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 2 boneless beef rib eye steaks, 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick (about 12 oz each)
- 2 tablespoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 box (4.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Stand 'n Stuff Taco Shells (10 Count)
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Recipe Continues Below
- In 12-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 7 to 9 minutes or until crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to small bowl; set aside. Reserve skillet with bacon drippings.
- Coat steaks with steak seasoning. Return skillet to medium-high heat until hot. Add steaks to bacon drippings in skillet; cook 5 to 7 minutes on first side or until deep brown and steak releases easily from pan. Turn; cook 5 to 7 minutes longer or until browned and steaks reach desired internal temperature (145°F for medium).
- Transfer steaks to cutting board; cover with foil, and let stand 5 minutes. Slice very thinly; discard any pieces of fat and gristle.
- Meanwhile, heat taco shells as directed on package. Divide lettuce among taco shells. Top with sliced steak and tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing. Top with green onions and bacon.
- Add even more steakhouse wedge flavor to your Steakhouse Tacos by topping with crumbled blue cheese.
- Grocery stores vary in the different cuts of rib eye steak they carry. If you can only find larger steaks, you can still make these Steakhouse Tacos. Purchase a thick (1.5-lb) steak and cut it in half to create the 2 (12-oz) steaks called for in the recipe.
- If desired, you can substitute hearty, flavorful baby spinach in place of the iceberg lettuce.
- 1 Taco Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 4g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 620mg; Potassium 200mg; Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 0g); Protein 18g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet