Strawberry Chocolate Taco Bowls™
Fresh strawberries, sweetened whipped cream in a sugar-coated bowl: need we say more? Anything goes in Old El Paso™!
30 Minutes Prep
45 Minutes Total
- 1 1/2 lb strawberries, sliced (4 cups)
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (6.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 oz (from 4-oz package) semisweet chocolate baking bar
- In medium bowl, mix strawberries with 1/4 cup of the sugar; refrigerate while juices develop, at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with foil. Lightly brush melted butter on all sides of each bowl. Place 1/2 cup of the sugar in large resealable food-storage plastic bag. Place 1 bowl at a time into bag, and gently shake until bowl is coated in sugar. Place bowls on cookie sheet. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until browned on edges and firm to the touch. Bowls will crisp as cooled. Remove to cooling rack to cool.
- In chilled medium bowl, beat whipping cream, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and the vanilla with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Spread 2 tablespoons whipped cream in each bowl. Use slotted spoon to divide strawberries among bowls. Divide remaining whipped cream evenly among strawberry-filled bowls. Sprinkle each with chocolate curls.
- To make chocolate curls, pull a swivel-bladed vegetable peeler down the edge of chocolate bar, using long, thin strokes.
- Sliced bananas make a nice addition to the strawberry filling.
NutritionCalories420(Calories from Fat230),Total Fat25g(Saturated Fat15g,Trans Fat1g),Cholesterol75mgSodium210mgTotal Carbohydrate44g(Dietary Fiber2g Sugars30g),Protein3g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A15%;Vitamin C80%;Calcium6%;Iron6%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 1 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 5 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.