Strawberry Shortcake Mini Taco Bowls™
Crushed shortbread cookies give this easy dessert an added crunch and buttery flavor. Fresh strawberries and whipped cream complete this version of the classic American strawberry shortcake.
30 Minutes Prep
45 Minutes Total
- 1 lb strawberries, sliced (4 cups)
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 10 Old El Paso™ Taco Bowls™ mini soft flour tortillas (1 sleeve from Party Pack)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup crushed shortbread cookies
- Mint leaves
- Mix strawberries with 3 tablespoons of the sugar; refrigerate while juices develop, at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with foil. Lightly brush melted butter on all sides of each bowl. Place 3 tablespoons of the sugar in large resealable food-storage plastic bag. Place bowls, a few at a time, into bag, and gently shake until bowls are coated in sugar. Place bowls on cookie sheet. Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until browned on edges and firm to the touch. Bowls will crisp as cooled. Remove to cooling rack to cool.
- In chilled small bowl, beat whipping cream, remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and the vanilla with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Use slotted spoon to divide strawberries among bowls. Top with a dollop of whipped cream; garnish with crushed shortbread cookies and mint leaves.
- If you like your strawberries with chocolate, just drizzle the filled mini bowls with a little chocolate sauce.
- Sliced bananas make a nice addition to the strawberry filling.
NutritionCalories170(Calories from Fat70),Total Fat8g(Saturated Fat4g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol20mgSodium115mgTotal Carbohydrate21g(Dietary Fiber1g Sugars12g),Protein1g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A4%;Vitamin C20%;Calcium2%;Iron2%; Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.