Strawberry Shortcake Mini Taco Bowls
Prep 30 Minutes
Total 45 Minutes
- 1 lb strawberries, sliced (4 cups)
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 10 tortilla bowls from 1 package (5.1 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Soft Tortilla Mini Bowls (12 Count)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup crushed shortbread cookies
- Mint leaves
Recipe Continues Below
- Mix strawberries with 3 tablespoons of the sugar; refrigerate while juices develop, at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with foil. Lightly brush melted butter on all sides of each bowl. Place 3 tablespoons of the sugar in large resealable food-storage plastic bag. Place bowls, a few at a time, into bag, and gently shake until bowls are coated in sugar. Place bowls on cookie sheet. Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until browned on edges and firm to the touch. Bowls will crisp as cooled. Remove to cooling rack to cool.
- In chilled small bowl, beat whipping cream, remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and the vanilla with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Use slotted spoon to divide strawberries among bowls. Top with a dollop of whipped cream; garnish with crushed shortbread cookies and mint leaves.
- If you like your strawberries with chocolate, just drizzle the filled mini bowls with a little chocolate sauce.
- Sliced bananas make a nice addition to the strawberry filling.
- 1 Serving Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 4g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 115mg; Potassium 85mg; Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 12g); Protein 1g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 2%; Iron 2%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 1 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet