Stuffed Grilled Sweet Peppers
Brooke McLay from cheekykitchen shares a favorite recipe. These simple 3-ingredient stuffed peppers are so easy to make! The combination of sweet, grill roasted peppers with creamy beans and spicy cheese makes this a perfect side dish for any summer party.
10 Minutes Prep
20 Minutes Total
- 8 mini sweet bell peppers
- 1 can Old El Paso™ refried black beans
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Use a paring knife to slice around the top of the stemmed part of the pepper. Gently pull on the stem to remove the top portion from the pepper. Use knife to slice seeds from the pepper. Discard seeds.
- In a medium bowl, stir together refried beans and pepper jack cheese.
- Spoon bean mixture inside each pepper. Press the top of each pepper back into place.
- Heat grill to medium-low heat. Place peppers on the hot grill, cook with lid clothes for 7-12 minutes, until the cheese begins to bubble up from the top of the peppers.
- Remove from grill with tongs. Serve and enjoy.
- This recipe works great with jalapeno peppers, too!
- Try swapping in a mild green chile pepper for a less sweet, more savory flavor and a slightly larger serving size.