Surf & Turf Taco Bowls™
Surf and Turf takes a flavorful twist in a taco bowl. Anything goes in Old El Paso™!
25 Minutes Prep
35 Minutes Total
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin steak
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb uncooked deveined peeled large shrimp, tail shells removed
- 1 package (6.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see below)
- Trim excess fat from beef. Cut beef into 1-inch pieces; place in medium bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of the taco seasoning mix; toss to coat.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Cook beef in oil 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Remove from heat; place beef in clean bowl. Cover and keep warm.
- In another medium bowl, place shrimp and remaining taco seasoning mix; toss to coat. In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add beef back to skillet; heat to warm.
- Meanwhile, heat bowls as directed on package. Divide beef and shrimp mixture evenly among warmed bowls. Top with desired toppings.
- Ideas for Make it FRESH toppings: baby arugula, chopped avocado, Cotija cheese, fresh lime wedges.
- Fresh and frozen shrimp are sold by a descriptive size name like jumbo or large, and by “count” or number per pound. The larger the shrimp, the lower the count. Size and count vary throughout the United States.
NutritionCalories230(Calories from Fat80),Total Fat8g(Saturated Fat2g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol110mgSodium450mgTotal Carbohydrate14g(Dietary Fiber0g Sugars0g),Protein23g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A4%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium6%;Iron10%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.