Sweet 'n' Sour Chicken Taco Bowls
Prep 25 Minutes
Total 35 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 bottle (10 oz) sweet-and-sour sauce (3/4 cup)
- 1 can (8 oz) pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
Recipe Continues Below
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center.
- Add bell pepper; cook 2 minutes. Add sweet-and-sour sauce; reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until bell pepper is tender. Stir in pineapple; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until hot.
- Heat bowls as directed on package. Divide chicken mixture among bowls; top with green onions, sesame seed and chow mein noodles.
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs can be substituted for the chicken breasts in this recipe.
- Don’t have chow mein noodles? Substitute 1/2 cup cashews or peanuts for the noodles in this recipe.
- 1 Serving Calories 320 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 360mg; Potassium 240mg; Total Carbohydrate 31g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 16g); Protein 21g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 4%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 2 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet