Taco Bean Soup
Prep 15 Minutes
Total 5 Hours 15 Minutes
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 3/4 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 can (16 oz) chili beans in medium sauce, undrained
- 1 can (15.25 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can or bottle (12 oz) light beer with lime
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ 25% less sodium taco seasoning mix
- Multigrain tortilla chips, if desired
- Chopped avocado, if desired
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Spray 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In slow cooker, mix chicken, onions, chili beans, corn, black beans, beer, tomatoes and taco seasoning mix.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 hours or until hot. Serve with tortilla chips; garnish with avocado and cilantro.
- One key flavor component of this taco soup recipe with black beans is the beer with lime, which gives the dish a pleasant zing.
- Love cheese? Top the soup with Old El Paso™ shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese blend or crumbled cotija cheese.
- Serve with hot cooked rice for an even heartier meal.
- 1 Serving Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 680mg; Potassium 490mg; Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 5g ,Sugars 4g); Protein 21g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 6%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Lean Meat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet