Taco Beef Lettuce Wraps
Prep 30 Minutes
Total 30 Minutes
- 1 lb ground beef (at least 80% lean)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 8 medium romaine lettuce leaves, rinsed, patted dry with paper towel
- 1/2 cup from 1 bottle (9 oz) Old El Paso™ Creamy Salsa Verde Sauce or 1/2 cup from 1 bottle (9 oz) Old El Paso™ Mild Taco Sauce
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (4 medium)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Recipe Continues Below
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning mix; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Divide beef among lettuce leaves; top with remaining ingredients.
- We like to use romaine lettuce for our Taco Beef Lettuce Wraps, because they typically are sturdier than other lettuce varieties, making the wraps easier to eat and less likely to fall apart in the process.
- If full-sized tomatoes are not in season, try substituting chopped cherry tomatoes to get the best flavor.
- Drink responsibly. Corona Premier® Beer. Imported by Crown Imports, Chicago, IL
- 2 Wraps Calories 360 (Calories from Fat 230); Total Fat 25g (Saturated Fat 6g ,Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 730mg; Potassium 600mg; Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 4g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 21g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 100%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 4%; Iron 20%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet