Taco Cheeseburger Totchos
Prep 25 Minutes
Total 45 Minutes
- 1 bag (32 oz) Ore-Ida™ Tater Tots™ frozen potatoes
- 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons water
- 10 slices American cheese, quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, if desired
- 2 medium plum (Roma) tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickles
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line large rimmed pan with cooking parchment paper. Place frozen potatoes in pan. Bake as directed on bag, stirring halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Add taco seasoning mix, green chiles and water; cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Push potatoes together in center of pan, and top with half of the cheese; top with beef mixture. Top with onion. Top with remaining cheese. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Drizzle with ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise. Top with tomatoes and pickles.
- Prefer crispy tots? Add 5 minutes to initial bake time for crispier totchos.
- We used hamburger pickle chips in this recipe, but feel free to use spicy pickles if you want to add a little kick.
- Place the mayo, ketchup and mustard in resealable food-storage plastic bags, and cut off the corner of each for easy drizzling.
- 1 Serving Calories 400 (Calories from Fat 200); Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 8g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 1380mg; Potassium 510mg; Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 3g ,Sugars 5g); Protein 13g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 30%; Iron 8%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 3 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet