Taco Cheeseburger Totchos
This mashup of cheeseburgers and nachos is an over-the-top, deliciously easy crowd-pleaser you’ll make again and again.
25 Minutes Prep
45 Minutes Total
- 1 bag (32 oz) Ore-Ida™ Tater Tots™ frozen potatoes
- 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons water
- 10 slices American cheese, quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, if desired
- 2 medium plum (Roma) tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickles
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line large rimmed pan with cooking parchment paper. Place frozen potatoes in pan. Bake as directed on bag, stirring halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Add taco seasoning mix, green chiles and water; cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Push potatoes together in center of pan, and top with half of the cheese; top with beef mixture. Top with onion. Top with remaining cheese. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Drizzle with ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise. Top with tomatoes and pickles.
- Trademarks referred to herein are the properties of their respective owners.
- Prefer crispy tots? Add 5 minutes to initial bake time for crispier totchos.
- We used hamburger pickle chips in this recipe, but feel free to use spicy pickles if you want to add a little kick.
- Place the mayo, ketchup and mustard in resealable food-storage plastic bags, and cut off the corner of each for easy drizzling.