Add some zip to oven-baked french fries with Old El Paso® taco seasoning! By Betty Crocker Kitchens
10 Minutes Prep
40 Minutes Total
- 3 medium Idaho or russet potatoes (about 1 1/4 lb), peeled
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- Heat oven to 450°F. Spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Cut each half into 4 wedges (about 1 1/2 inches on the wide side); place cut side down in pan. Spray potatoes with cooking spray; turn potatoes, and spray other side. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon taco seasoning mix; toss until potatoes are evenly coated. Arrange potatoes in single layer in pan.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until bottoms are crispy. Turn potatoes. Bake about 5 minutes longer or until bottoms are crispy.
- Substitute sweet potatoes for the Idaho potatoes. Sweet potato fries will have a softer texture.
NutritionCalories60(Calories from Fat0),Total Fat0g(Saturated Fat0g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol0mgSodium220mgTotal Carbohydrate14g(Dietary Fiber1g Sugars1g),Protein1g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A4%;Vitamin C6%;Calcium0%;Iron0%; Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.