Taco Pasta Salad
Prep 10 Minutes
Total 35 Minutes
- 1 lb medium pasta shells (or other pasta shape)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups corn, frozen or canned
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 3 avocados, diced
Recipe Continues Below
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, add the cooled pasta, black beans, corn, cilantro, tomatoes, and salsa. Toss gently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, taco seasoning, and garlic. Pour over pasta and toss to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill until serving.
- Right before serving, toss in the cheese and avocado.
- This pasta works best with firm but ripe avocados. Overly ripe avocados will become mushy.
- Reserve a small amount of the veggies to sprinkle on top for pretty presentation.
- 1 Serving Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 160); Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 5g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 610mg; Potassium 550mg; Total Carbohydrate 51g (Dietary Fiber 8g ,Sugars 4g); Protein 14g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 15%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 3 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet