Taco Pasta Salad
Make your pasta salad stand out above the rest with delicious Mexican flair.
10 Minutes Prep
45 Minutes Total
- 1 lb medium pasta shells (or other pasta shape)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups corn, frozen, canned, or fresh (cooked)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 3 avocados, firm but ripe - diced
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, add the cooled pasta, black beans, corn, cilantro, tomatoes, and salsa. Toss gently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, taco seasoning, and garlic. Pour over pasta and toss to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill until serving.q
- Right before serving, toss in the cheese and avocado. Add your favorite taco toppings like sour cream or crushed tortillas.
- This pasta works best with firm but ripe avocados. Overly ripe avocados will become mushy.
- Any small pasta shape works well here so feel free to use what you have on hand.
- Reserve a small amount of the veggies to sprinkle on top for pretty presentation.