Taco Pasta Salad
Prep 10 Minutes
Total 45 Minutes
- 1 lb medium pasta shells (or other pasta shape)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups corn, frozen, canned, or fresh (cooked)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 3 avocados, firm but ripe - diced
Recipe Continues Below
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, add the cooled pasta, black beans, corn, cilantro, tomatoes, and salsa. Toss gently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, taco seasoning, and garlic. Pour over pasta and toss to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill until serving.
- Right before serving, toss in the cheese and avocado. Add your favorite taco toppings like sour cream or crushed tortillas.
- This Taco Pasta Salad works best with firm but ripe avocados. Overly ripe avocados will become mushy.
- You can make Taco Pasta Salad with shells or any small pasta shape. Feel free to use what you have on hand.
- Reserve a small amount of veggies to sprinkle on top of the cold taco pasta salad for a pretty presentation.