- 1 lb medium pasta shells (or other pasta shape)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups corn, frozen, canned, or fresh (cooked)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 3 avocados, firm but ripe - diced
Step 1 Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool.
Step 2 In a large bowl, add the cooled pasta, black beans, corn, cilantro, tomatoes, and salsa. Toss gently.
Step 3 In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, taco seasoning, and garlic. Pour over pasta and toss to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill until serving.
Step 4 Right before serving, toss in the cheese and avocado. Add your favorite taco toppings like sour cream or crushed tortillas.
Expert TipsThis pasta works best with firm but ripe avocados. Overly ripe avocados will become mushy.
Any small pasta shape works well here so feel free to use what you have on hand.
Reserve a small amount of the veggies to sprinkle on top for pretty presentation.