Taco Pizza Pinwheels
Prep 20 Minutes
Total Time 40 Minutes
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef (at least 80%)
- 1 tablespoon from 1 container (6.25 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 can (13.8 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Classic Crust Pizza Crust
- 1/2 cup from 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ Traditional Refried Beans
- 1 cup from 1 package (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend
- 1/4 cup from 1 bottle (9 oz) Old El Paso™ Creamy Queso Sauce or 1/4 cup from 1 bottle (9 oz) Old El Paso™ Spicy Queso Blanco Sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 18x13-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef 4 to 6 minutes over medium-high heat, strring frequently, until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning mix and water; cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes.
- Unroll pizza crust on baking sheet; press out crust evenly to edges of baking sheet. (Keep dough refrigerated until ready to use.) On long side of dough, spread refried beans evenly across bottom 4 inches of dough.
- Add taco meat evenly on top of refried beans. Top with cheese.
- Starting with bottom edge of pizza crust (long side), roll up crust tightly into jelly roll shape. Pinch ends to seal.
- Using serrated knife, carefully cut roll into 18 (about 3/4-inch) slices.
- Arrange slices about 1 inch apart on baking sheet. Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Drizzle with sauce; top with cilantro.
- Keep the dough refrigerated until you’re ready to use it for your Taco Pizza Pinwheels, to ensure easier rolling and cutting.
- Instead of a queso sauce, feel free to drizzle baked pizza dough taco pinwheels with Old El Paso™ Taco Sauce, Old El Paso™ Zesty Ranch Sauce, or Old El Paso™ Creamy Salsa Verde Sauce.
- For best results, use a serrated knife, and make steady, even cuts. If some of the filling gets on the blade of the knife, use a damp kitchen towel to carefully wipe off the knife between cuts.
- 1 Serving (3 Slices) Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 120); Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 5g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 740mg; Potassium 360mg; Total Carbohydrate 38g (Dietary Fiber 2g ,Sugars 5g); Protein 16g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 15%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 High-Fat Meat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet