Taco Pizza Pocket Pie
Prep 20 Minutes
Total 40 Minutes
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 packets (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Hot & Spicy Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 box (14.1 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Pie Crusts (2 Count)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 purple onion, finely chopped
- 4-5 scallions, diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced (optional)
Recipe Continues Below
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a pizza pan or pizza stone with parchment paper.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Add Old El Paso™ seasoning and 1 cup of water. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture liquid is reduced. Sprinkle with cheese and stir together until melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Unroll 1 pie crust onto the parchment-lined pizza pan. Place about 1 cup of the meat mixture in the center of the ring. Spoon the rest of the meat mixture in a ring around the center of the ring, leaving about 1” of crust on both sides of the ring—both between the edge of the pizza and the mound of meat in the center.
- Unroll the second pie crust. Roll it out slightly thinner with a rolling pin, then gently place the dough over the meat mixture. Place a bowl over the center mound of meat, carefully pressing the pie crust down to create a mound in the center of the crust. Use a fork to pierce around the edges of the bowl, seaming together the top and bottom. Remove the bowl.
- Fold the bottom edge of the pie crust up over the top edge. Use a fork to press the two crusts together and create a decorative edge.
- With a sharp knife, slice the second ring of pie crust into 2” pieces. Twist each piece to the right, so the meat mixture in each piece is facing upward. Mold each piece as needed to make them look uniform around the entire ring.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes, or just until the pie crust turns golden brown. Remove and cool slightly.
- Serve topped with sour cream, cheese, avocado, tomatoes, onion, scallions, and jalapeno.
- For best results, set the pie crust out 30 minutes before using to soften the crust.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet