Taco Salad Dip
Traditional taco salad ingredients are transformed into an ever-so-easy microwaved munchie. By Betty Crocker Kitchens
20 Minutes Prep
20 Minutes Total
- 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ refried beans
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 2 drops red pepper sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- Finely shredded lettuce, if desired
- Additional shredded Cheddar cheese, if desired
- Corn chips, if desired
- In 1 1/2-quart microwavable casserole, crumble beef. Cover loosely; microwave on High 2 minutes 30 seconds to 3 minutes 30 seconds or until beef is thoroughly cooked. Stir and drain.
- Stir in bell pepper, onion, beans, tomato sauce, seasoning mix, pepper sauce and garlic. Cover tightly; microwave on High 3 minutes. Stir; spread mixture in 9-inch microwavable pie plate. Cover; microwave on High 3 to 4 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- In small bowl, mix sour cream, 1 tablespoon Cheddar cheese and the chili powder. Spread over beef mixture. Sprinkle with lettuce and additional Cheddar cheese. Serve with corn chips.
- Bored with iceberg lettuce? Switch to crispy romaine, a dark leafy green regarded as a good source of vitamin A and folate.
- Lighten up this taco treat with fat-free sour cream and reduced-fat Cheddar cheese.
NutritionCalories45(Calories from Fat15),Total Fat2g(Saturated Fat1g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol10mgSodium250mgTotal Carbohydrate4g(Dietary Fiber1g Sugars0g),Protein3g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A0%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium0%;Iron4%; Exchanges:0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:0
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.