- 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ refried beans
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 2 drops red pepper sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- Finely shredded lettuce, if desired
- Additional shredded Cheddar cheese, if desired
- Corn chips, if desired
Step 1 In 1 1/2-quart microwavable casserole, crumble beef. Cover loosely; microwave on High 2 minutes 30 seconds to 3 minutes 30 seconds or until beef is thoroughly cooked. Stir and drain.
Step 2 Stir in bell pepper, onion, beans, tomato sauce, seasoning mix, pepper sauce and garlic. Cover tightly; microwave on High 3 minutes. Stir; spread mixture in 9-inch microwavable pie plate. Cover; microwave on High 3 to 4 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Step 3 In small bowl, mix sour cream, 1 tablespoon Cheddar cheese and the chili powder. Spread over beef mixture. Sprinkle with lettuce and additional Cheddar cheese. Serve with corn chips.
NutritionCalories45(Calories from Fat15),Total Fat2g(Saturated Fat1g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol10mgSodium250mgTotal Carbohydrate4g(Dietary Fiber1g Sugars0g),Protein3g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A0%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium0%;Iron4%; Exchanges:0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:0
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Expert TipsBored with iceberg lettuce? Switch to crispy romaine, a dark leafy green regarded as a good source of vitamin A and folate.
Lighten up this taco treat with fat-free sour cream and reduced-fat Cheddar cheese.