Taco Salad Dip
Prep 20 Minutes
Total 20 Minutes
- 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ refried beans
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 2 drops red pepper sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
Serve with, if desired
- Finely shredded lettuce
- Additional shredded Cheddar cheese
- Corn chips
Recipe Continues Below
- In 1 1/2-quart microwavable casserole, crumble beef. Cover loosely; microwave on High 2 minutes 30 seconds to 3 minutes 30 seconds or until beef is thoroughly cooked. Stir and drain.
- Stir in bell pepper, onion, beans, tomato sauce, seasoning mix, pepper sauce and garlic. Cover tightly; microwave on High 3 minutes. Stir; spread mixture in 9-inch microwavable pie plate. Cover; microwave on High 3 to 4 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- In small bowl, mix sour cream, 1 tablespoon Cheddar cheese and the chili powder. Spread over beef mixture. Sprinkle with lettuce and additional Cheddar cheese. Serve with corn chips.
- Bored with iceberg lettuce? Switch to crispy romaine, for this easy Taco Salad Dip recipe.
- Lighten up this Taco Salad Dip with fat-free sour cream and reduced-fat cheddar cheese.
- 2 Tablespoons Calories 45 (Calories from Fat 15); Total Fat 2g (Saturated Fat 1g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 250mg; Potassium 60mg; Total Carbohydrate 4g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 0g); Protein 3g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 4%
- Exchanges: 1/2 High-Fat Meat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet